Oil pump bypass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary pope

I have a 95 speedster with the twins 657x motors. I am seriously considering bypassing the oil pumps in switching to gas and oil mix. If I do this how much work would be involved and what would the ratio be for gas and oil?

I can not help you on the process to bypass the oil pump. My boat was in this configuration when I got it. I am trying to figure out how much work it would be to go back to the oil injectors. At idle and low speeds it runs rich and creates an embarrassing smoke screen. I would think twice and have a good reason to go to pre-mix. This is based on my experience which is probably not the same as everyone else.

Hi Steve thanks for your advice. The reason I was thinking about going to pre-mix and bypassing the oil pumps was because I just got a new motor put in my speedster and I really didn't want to risk blowing it up due to the oil pump going out and or buy my stupid mistake not bleeding the oil lines and prime in the lines I just got done doing it and I must say it was a pain in the arse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back