Oil Lines Question & Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

To2d

I have a 99 seadoo speedster SK with the 717s. Recently I decided to switch from mineral oil to full synthetic PWC oil. (This topic is not about what oil is better)

What I read was the best thing was to drain the tank and change the oil filters. I was hyper successful at doing that. The new oil is in the tank and it has drained down to the filters. I can tell that the oil had not traveled through the filters and noticed that there are some air gaps after the filter. No big air gaps.

I did follow the oil line back to the pump and can see they are full of oil.

I ran the boat and noticed that the new oil is going down the line and filling in the air gaps.

Is this going to fix its self?

Ensure oil injection reservoir is sufficiently filled. Install a dry rag below oil injection pump.
Loosen bleed screw to allow oil to flow. Bleed screw All Engines Keep bleeding until all air has escaped from line. Make sure no air bubbles remain in oil supply line. Tighten bleed screw. Wipe any oil spillage. Check small oil lines between pump and intake manifold. They must be full of oil. If not, run engine at idle speed while manually holding pump lever in fully open position. Do not activate throttle lever.

It is a good oide to change the little 3/32" oil lines from the pump to the intake as they are the #1 cause of oil injection failures on these.

Great Idea! i now they are the factory installed lines because they still have some of the paint on them.

I already did the oil bleed. I need to re-bleed after changing those lines. correct?

No not after changing those. After you change them start the ski and with it idling hold the oil pump lever wide open and you will see it pulse the lines and stop when the oil gets to the intake. You might have to do this one or two times giving the engine a chance to cool down until the oil gets to the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back