Oil line prime question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had the 3/32 lines R&R'd at a marine place here in Michigan. I looked over there work and was concerned that the new lines did not have oil in them going to the pumps. Needless to say this shop is a freaking mess and I'm pissed about the work performed on all levels when I arrived to pick it up.I have a 97 Sea-Doo challenger 1800 that was in for a throttle cable and oil line change. The price out the door was $702 for the work and I had to help the tech install both airfilter covers because they forgot to install them. I left the boat there to have the so called marine mechanic prime the lines, even after the owner that has no clue said it was done. I fear they may have ran it without any oil going to the engines if they really did in the first place. I'm lost for words and plan on being there tomorrow to look it over again.

Wow, expensive for what was done... I like to do my own repairs just for what you stated...poor work by shops and when you pick up your boat you have to check and finish what you had paid for...Hope they got the oil lines filled properly and didn't make another mess in the engine compartment...good luck.

Your engine will be fine if it was just idled.
They need to bleed the oil pump first. Then you just let the engine idle while holding the oil pump lever wide open with your finger.. This will quickly fill the lines with oil. As an extra measure you could drop a little injector oil down each carb if it makes you feel better.

And I agree, that was way too much money for what they did.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed to say the least. I assume that they need to be primed before they run the motors. I want to get there in time before they work on it to make sure they don't screw it up some more. I also plan on the owner giving me money off, or he's going to hate the outcome on the social media he will receive. I knew I should have done the work myself..lesson learned.

Even my seats have new cracks in them and the motor cover was missing along with my kids new life jackets in the boat cover...and they called and said it was ready..lmao..I'm trying not to freak the hell out, I know that I'm at the mercy of them finishing it up then I'll figure out what I'm going to do.

I bend over backwards for our customers that I paint planes for. I just can't for the life of me understand what's so hard to do quality work now a days. And to top it off they are 3 weeks late.

Yes, you need either the factory metal clips or small high quality zip ties on them.
I honestly would get it out of there and tell them to pound sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back