Oil leak update

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl stahley

A few weeks ago I had posted about oil leaks on both of my 96 787 xp's after changing my in line oil filters , I finally narrowed it down to what was causing the leaks , the oil would only leak after the motor ran or after the motor had been cranking to try and start , the oil is coming from either the two little oil lines that come up out of the mechanisum on the front of the motor or the screw that is in the middle of the mechanism that the oil lines are connected to does anyone know what the screw is for or have any idea how I could figure out what is leaking the lines or the screw or possibly something else in that vicinity

The screw is to bleed the air out of the oil pump. It should have a tiny little crush washer on it. Don't over tighten it either.
The two little lines are your oil injection lines. If they are leaking your engine isn't getting oil.

I often thought the oil was coming from that screw is that possible ? How tight should it be like just enough so it don't fall out and is ok to take that screw all the way out to Make sure there is a washer on there

If there is no crush washer could that be causing my oil leak and how do I know what size crush washer to use and where do I purchase them do I have to get them from a Sea-Doo dealer or is it a washer I could pick up at like Home Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back