Oil Leak from PTO and Low Oil Pressure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaTeRMaNiaC407

Looking for some advice on current issue with a 2012 150 Speedster 260hp

I recently changed out carbon ring due to water coming into bilge area while on a ride. I guess that I didn't put the seal in properly by the PTO and that is why I am leaking some oil. I also have the long beep followed by an Oil Pressure indicator which then goes off right away. I do not get a check engine light.

The question is that is the low oil pressure indicator something that frequently comes on when the seal is not properly installed? I just want to make sure that I don't have two problems here. (ie. Bad Sensor too)

How much oil is leaking? Are you measuring drops or quarts? Does it leak when sitting not running or only running? Sounds to me like the two o-rings inside the PTO seal, which are technically supposed to be replaced any time you remove the drive shaft. They are also easily damaged by the splines of the shaft during reinsertion.

If it is a small leak, I doubt it has anything to do with your oil pressure issue. The oil pressure sensors go bad frequently, and I have replaced mine. The older 4-tecs (like mine) had 2 pressure sensors; 1 for hydraulic oil pressure and 1 for crankcase air pressure in combination with the TOPS valve. Later models eliminated the TOPS valve and maybe even the air pressure sensor, but don't quote me on that.

If you are getting an intermittent oil warning, first make sure that you do not have too much oil (should be right in the middle of the dipstick), next I would probably just replace the pressure sensor since they are cheap and it is very easy to do. If it does not go away, then time to dig a bit deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back