Oil injection system

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbone

I bought a 99 speedster and the guy said they disabled the oil injection system. Looks to me like they just let it run dry and started pre-mixing their gas. I'm hoping it still runs good from what I heard this oils the bottom end of the motor too. Everything is still hooked up on the bottom and into the Oil pumps but on the top of the tank there is one hose that has been pluged and another that looks like it needs to go somewhere I took pictures of it does anyone know where these two hose's go?IMG_7142.JPGIMG_7141.JPG

Yes, you will absolutely destroy those engines running them without oil in the rotary valve.

I am no expert on the boats but the little check valve you are pointing to is just a vent for the tank and doesn't connect to anything.
The one with the hose clamp and cutoff bolt in it goes to the middle side of the engine opposite of the carbs, there is a 1/2" aluminum barbed 90 degree elbow. On the bottom of the tank there should be 2 hoses, one goes to the oil pump on the front of the engine on the timing cover, the second one goes to another aluminum barbed 90 degree elbow below the intake manifold again, in the middle on the side of the engine.

There is no reason to remove the oil injection on these as it is the most reliable system in the industry.

Yes, you will absolutely destroy those engines running them without oil in the rotary valve.

I am no expert on the boats but the little check valve you are pointing to is just a vent for the tank and doesn't connect to anything.
The one with the hose clamp and cutoff bolt in it goes to the middle side of the engine opposite of the carbs, there is a 1/2" aluminum barbed 90 degree elbow. On the bottom of the tank there should be 2 hoses, one goes to the oil pump on the front of the engine on the timing cover, the second one goes to another aluminum barbed 90 degree elbow below the intake manifold again, in the middle on the side of the engine.

There is no reason to remove the oil injection on these as it is the most reliable system in the industry.
Thank you I'm hoping it hasn't already destroyed the engines they seemed to run fine haven't done a compression test yet. I want to get this oil injection system back together and I'm hoping I haven't got bad pumps since they were ran dry

Compression won't tell you if the rotary valve is shot but considering they run that is a good sign.

Questions about carbon ring
post #16 has a pic of the oil line fitting on the bottom end of the motor, one in a similar spot on the other side.
Converting back to the oil pump
Post # 4 here shows the 2 oil lines coming from the oil tank down to either side of the motor. When you fill the oil tank it gravity fills the cavity in the bottom end that houses the gear on the rotary valve that is driven by the crank, so oil is not pumped or flow through here but is critical as mikidy sed. I've been living the premix boat dream for 2 summers now and it sucks, here soon it's getting set up properly. There are some plastic drive shafts in the front cover of the motors that drive the oil pumps, they are a part you use OEM only to prevent some expensive motor work. As much if a pain as it is to get in the motor hole can you get any more pics of the oil lines or lack of them we can help identify what you have, my Challenger is tarped up real good or I'd snap some for your.

post #16 has a pic of the oil line fitting on the bottom end of the motor, one in a similar spot on the other side.
Post # 4 here shows the 2 oil lines coming from the oil tank down to either side of the motor. When you fill the oil tank it gravity fills the cavity in the bottom end that houses the gear on the rotary valve that is driven by the crank, so oil is not pumped or flow through here but is critical as mikidy sed. I've been living the premix boat dream for 2 summers now and it sucks, here soon it's getting set up properly. There are some plastic drive shafts in the front cover of the motors that drive the oil pumps, they are a part you use OEM only to prevent some expensive motor work. As much if a pain as it is to get in the motor hole can you get any more pics of the oil lines or lack of them we can help identify what you have, my Challenger is tarped up real good or I'd snap some for your.
image.jpg
I think what they did was cut this hose put a T in it and run the hose that goes into the bottom of the engine back in here. Like they looped the hoses so that the oil would just stay in the bottom of the cases. I think I need to take the T out, splice the hose back together and run the hose back from the bottom of the engine to the top of the canister where it is now plugged with a cut off bolt. Do you know if this is correct?

I'm going to take the tarp off mine today and I'll take some fotos. I haven't been able to find the pics to make this easier

I got it all back into service had to adjust the cable linkages to make the pump wide open so it was pumping good and I'm going to run the rest of this pre-mix tank along with the oil injection and then change the plugs hopefully it works good and I don't thrash the top ends because there's really no way to Tell

I don't think one of my oil pumps was timed right. With full throttle it still wasn't pumping oil until I pulled the butterfly all the way open by hand then it started pumping so I adjusted the linkage cable so that it would be able to pump oil at full throttle

Grab the oil pump lever and have someone move the throttles to make sure the lever moves. You need a mirror and a light to line up the lever with the mark on the oil pump. Does anyone still need pics of oil line setup? I have a 99 Speedster with twin 787's still running the oil injection.

Grab the oil pump lever and have someone move the throttles to make sure the lever moves. You need a mirror and a light to line up the lever with the mark on the oil pump. Does anyone still need pics of oil line setup? I have a 99 Speedster with twin 787's still running the oil injection.
Yours would be the exact one he needs, mine is definitely close enough.

In the oil injection post up there from the ski side #4 shows the alignment marks he is talking about.

I never thought to ask did you replace the small oil lines going from the oil pump to the rotary cover? Oil filters? There is a possibility that your oil pumps are damaged but there are people on this forum that have good used pumps

I need pics just to make sure mine is right

Yours would be the exact one he needs, mine is definitely close enough.

In the oil injection post up there from the ski side #4 shows the alignment marks he is talking about.

I never thought to ask did you replace the small oil lines going from the oil pump to the rotary cover? Oil filters? There is a possibility that your oil pumps are damaged but there are people on this forum that have good used pumps
I didn't replace anything just hooked it all together and it was pumping oil I just had to adjust one of them to make the butterfly open a little more before it would start pumping . I guess I need to do the mirror and light trick to make sure that they are timed correctly

IMG_20180403_192412518.jpg
The line out of the bottom of the tank tees and goes to the fitting on the carb side of each motor
IMG_20180403_192807042.jpg
The one from the top of the tank tees and goes to the expansion chamber side of each motor. You can hook a hand pump to this hose and "flush" the RV cavity out with fresh oil.
Sorry it took so long couldn't find the keys to the hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back