oil in raves and drop in rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chillholm

Our 99 Gtx 951 motor runs fine for about anywhere between 4-6 hours then drops it's rpm - max of 4500 at WOT . The motor has been completely rebuilt.
Have pulled rave valves and they're full of oil. Is this normal? Does anyone know why they fill with so much oil?
I have cleaned em and checked them and there are no perforations in the rubber.
Could this be why there is a drop in rpm at WOT?

There will be oil present on the RAVES. Its, if the oil is "carboned" up, causing the valve to stick? Its a 99, when was the last time, the carbs were removed from the machine, also, the water regulator last check, for it to be functioning correctly...(the rave looking mechanism, on the waterbox/muffler)

re: raves etc

Thanks for the advice.The 951 was completely overhalled last August, this included the crank, top end and carbs. I have pulled the raves and cleaned them, also I checked the valve( water regulator) on the muffler and inspected the bellows etc...I noticed that the spring was broken about 7/8 of the way down so I extended the rest of the spring to about the correct length and re assembled ( according to the Seadoo Manual). Also where the valve screws out of the muffler I noticed that the hole was partially blocked by general gunk, so I cleaned this out. Restarted it for no more than 5 secs and it's rpm shot up back to 3000 rpm and it revs beautifully. So I will check it out on the weekend and see how it goes in the water.

Thanks again for the reply and advice!!

P.s have read up on the water regulator. Is it possible for such a little thing to have a great effect on your top speed ( WOT ) rpm??!!

Last edited by a moderator:
with "that hole" being clogged, its not allowing the water to be directed into the waterbox, controlled by the water regulator, during increasing RPM'S, which means, its stil dumping it into the tuned pipe. The higher the rpm's, the less the water will be injected into the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back