Oil filter question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1

Hopefully a simple question..

I have been rehabbing my 1997 Challenger with the single 787 Rotax. I thought I had ordered an OEM oil filter, but when it arrived it was aftermarket. There is no marking on the body for direction of flow. The one I removed had an arrow from the flat side down ( flat end to the tank, rounded end to the engine ). The schematics I have looked at show it in the opposite direction.. flat side to the engine. Which way should it go? Don't want to torch my engine over a stinkin' oil filter :facepalm:. Thanks in advance..

I replaced my oil filters on my 96 speedster this year. ordered OEM filters. the ones I remover had the arrow pointing to the round side to the engines. and the new ones had the arrow pointing the flat side to the engines. no mater how you put them in you should be fine as the filter is inside and oil will still flow just ends up being either the inside or outside of the internal filter its self that caches any particles.

maybe some with more boat tech experience can chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back