Oil Cooler hose blow-off question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

go_panthers

Premium Member
Premium Member
When I winterized the boat, I took I too the boat ramp to warm the engines up. When I was finished, I pulled the boat to the top of the ramp, pulled the drain plug, and antifreeze (from what I would later figure out was the port engine) flowed out. Clean antifreeze (no oil). After troubleshooting, I figured out that the oil cooler hose was off. This must have happened while warming up the engines, as I had the drain plug out on the way to the ramp. The engine did not overheat. I was watching the temperatures as I warmed up the engines, and got them to about 150 degrees and shut them down.

So, my question is: Does the oil cooler outlet hose coming off indicate a mechanical failure that increased the pressure on the outlet side so much that the hose blew off? If so, what failed? The cooler itself? The water pump? Or, did I just have a loose clamp? I don't want to just clamp the hose back on if it's a symptom of a larger issue.

Attachments

• 1018DA88-2B3C-45B9-A777-00CF5D6D1491.jpeg
    1018DA88-2B3C-45B9-A777-00CF5D6D1491.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back