Oil Change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

muskokamarc

I'm trying to figure out how much fresh oil I need to put in my SeaDoo when doing an oil change. I've seen some people say measure how much siphon out, and then put the exact same amount back in. Also, does anyone have any videos on how to change the spark plugs? I know it's not difficult but just want to make sure I have the process down perfect.

What you have read is correct in most cases. Make sure the seadoo is level on the trailer because you
should check the level to be sure it's adequate (most recommend half way on the dipstick). If it's adequate
then replace exactly what you take out. You should also try and do it when the oil is hot or at least warm. After a ride is a good time to change it. As far as the plugs, try youtube but it's very easy - you just need the correct
socket size. It may also help having a magnet (like an extendable antennae type) to pull the plug out of the
seadoo after the plug is totally loosened.

What you have read is correct in most cases. Make sure the seadoo is level on the trailer because you
should check the level to be sure it's adequate (most recommend half way on the dipstick). If it's adequate
then replace exactly what you take out. You should also try and do it when the oil is hot or at least warm. After a ride is a good time to change it. As far as the plugs, try youtube but it's very easy - you just need the correct
socket size. It may also help having a magnet (like an extendable antennae type) to pull the plug out of the
seadoo after the plug is totally loosened.

13/16 matco makes a good socket for removing spark plugs, has a little rubber cap inside it that catches the tip of the plug and holds it tight.

No need for magnet or other fancy stuff to catch the spark plug. Just use the coil, you removed to access the plug. And remove the same coil to turn it back in so you don't crossthread.

13/16 matco makes a good socket for removing spark plugs, has a little rubber cap inside it that catches the tip of the plug and holds it tight.
The main purpose of the rubber boot in plug sockets is to hold the plug centered and keep fumblefukks from cracking the porcelain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back