Oil change question?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

steeldog532

So i am going to do the break in period on my new sparks this weekend and then change the oil. I've never done an oil change on a jet ski before. I've watched a few videos and people are sucking the old oil out through the dipstick and the replacing the filter element. It seems to me (coming from the automotive world) that that would leave a lot of old oil in the engine still. Is this the proper procedure?

So i am going to do the break in period on my new sparks this weekend and then change the oil. I've never done an oil change on a jet ski before. I've watched a few videos and people are sucking the old oil out through the dipstick and the replacing the filter element. It seems to me (coming from the automotive world) that that would leave a lot of old oil in the engine still. Is this the proper procedure?

Yes. The service manual has this procedure outlined. The 900-ACE does NOT have a drain plug. Only method to remove the oil is to suck it out.

Back