Oil change issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHScott

It's been a awhile since I last posted but when I went to winterize my 2004 GTX SC this weekend I barely sucked out a quart and a half. I even turned the motor over a couple of times to make sure the oil was in the bottom but didn't suck any more out. The ski was on level ground. What's up with that? I put 2 quarts back in and the level was in the middle of the indent on the dipstick which I think is where it should be.

Also when I pulled the plugs all three had what appeared to be oil on them. Any ideas what that's all about?

She ran fine the last time I took her out which was back in August.

She's sleeping for the winter so I won't deal with it until the Spring.

Thanks guys!!!

Couple of things come to mind:

Was the ski warmed up before you started the extraction process? Warm oil extracts a lot easier.

Did you mark your siphon tube at correct length?

Your also suppose to remove the tube and drown crank the motor for ten seconds and then siphon more oil, this step should be repeated two to three times.

The engine should be run at 4000 rpm for 10 seconds and shutdown at that speed to move oil from the PTO to the engine sump before you start.

Get yourself a service manual the complete process is explained there.

Couple of things come to mind:

Was the ski warmed up before you started the extraction process? Warm oil extracts a lot easier.

Did you mark your siphon tube at correct length?

Your also suppose to remove the tube and drown crank the motor for ten seconds and then siphon more oil, this step should be repeated two to three times.

The engine should be run at 4000 rpm for 10 seconds and shutdown at that speed to move oil from the PTO to the engine sump before you start.

Get yourself a service manual the complete process is explained there.

Thanks for the advice skiasylum. I did warm up the engine for a few minutes. I didn't measure the extraction tube but was able to send it pretty far down the fill tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back