Oil change/filter seadoo 2stroke 99 gsx limited

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castrod2005

Hi guys, im new to the forum and also to the jet ski pwc world. I currently own a 99 gsx 2 stroke and was wondering on the oil change. When is the right time to do it, what other fluids should i be checking on? Every how many hours? Does it have an oil filter? Someone told me no oil filter on these engines, i heard about the jet pump oil too. Is it necessary to flush it? I live in Florida use this thing weekly, it came from chicago and had only been on lakes no saltwater at all. Ive put roughly 11-12 hours on it. These may be dumb questions but to someone like me that dont know absolutely nothing, would be great help to get some answers. Jet ski is currently sitting at 56 hours btw. Thank you everyone
181.jpg

You can can a free copy of the operators manual at the sea doo website. Download it and READ it. All your questions will be answered in detail. Good luck

Hi

Welcome to the site

You definitely need to get a shop manual and use this site to get as much info as you can
Better to ask dumb questions now than later

Ill answer your questions in order
1. Its a 2 stroke and is either oil injected or mixed in the gas?
Hence the no oil filter per say but there is one coming from the oil tank to the oil injection if its
still intact?
2. I'll add oil comment here. You need to run specific seadoo oil that is API-TC certified
If oil your adding is TC-3 its not good for your engine
3. Ill add comment in here about your engine.
It is the most powerful 951 which is very sensitive and requires maintenance if it has
grey fuel lines
4. You have to flush it and needs corrosion protection sprayed all over it after every salt water ride
Even spraying fogging oil down cylinders and in carburetors.
Salt is our enemy
5. The jet pump has bearings and should be serviced at the end of season which never ends for
us in South Florida

Ill hit you up next time I make day trip to Marco island / Naples

Hi

Welcome to the site

You definitely need to get a shop manual and use this site to get as much info as you can
Better to ask dumb questions now than later

Ill answer your questions in order
1. Its a 2 stroke and is either oil injected or mixed in the gas?
Hence the no oil filter per say but there is one coming from the oil tank to the oil injection if its
still intact?
2. I'll add oil comment here. You need to run specific seadoo oil that is API-TC certified
If oil your adding is TC-3 its not good for your engine
3. Ill add comment in here about your engine.
It is the most powerful 951 which is very sensitive and requires maintenance if it has
grey fuel lines
4. You have to flush it and needs corrosion protection sprayed all over it after every salt water ride
Even spraying fogging oil down cylinders and in carburetors.
Salt is our enemy
5. The jet pump has bearings and should be serviced at the end of season which never ends for
us in South Florida

Ill hit you up next time I make day trip to Marco island / Naples

Ive been debating on whether i want to empty my oil tank and add a whole new litter in it, different people give me different answers. And just confuses me. I know i need the XSP 2 stroke synthetic oil, (yellow bottle) right now is sitting at 56 hrs and not sure if the previous owner did an oil change or if you even do oil changes on these?

Again, someone told me that these particular engine doe not have an oil filter? This is something that doesnt need replacement?

About flushing it, ive been doing that after every single use. No matter how tire or how late it is i no is a must. For corrosion i dont have any special spray, ive been using wd40. Is this bad?

How often do you service the jet pump? Every how many hours?

Thank you a lot for your time and answers!
Deff let me know when you are down in naples/marco island. Im rigt around the corner.

Perhaps you can tell me about some good spots to lauch the jet skis/boats in Miami. [emoji106]

No oil changes other than making sure whats in the oil tank is the right oil

The oil was more for bathing the rotary valve in the smaller engines and iirc the 951 doesnt not have that.
Others may chime in on how important it is to flush old oil and and use the right oil.
Im not 951 versed.
There's an inline filter that you can replace #20
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...=seadoopwc&a=77&b=8&c=0&d=-OIL-INJECTION-TANK

Get some fluid film vs wd40

Yes change pump grease after every season.
Keeps the pump bearing clean
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?30720-How-To-Changing-Your-Wear-Ring

I launch from Goodland when I go there.
I launch from Watson Island here in Miami

No oil changes other than making sure whats in the oil tank is the right oil

The oil was more for bathing the rotary valve in the smaller engines and iirc the 951 doesnt not have that.
Others may chime in on how important it is to flush old oil and and use the right oil.
Im not 951 versed.
There's an inline filter that you can replace #20
http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche...=seadoopwc&a=77&b=8&c=0&d=-OIL-INJECTION-TANK

Get some fluid film vs wd40

Yes change pump grease after every season.
Keeps the pump bearing clean
http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?30720-How-To-Changing-Your-Wear-Ring

I launch from Goodland when I go there.
I launch from Watson Island here in Miami

I would order the oil today, and do the respective maintenance over the weekend.

The information that youve given me is very helpful, and i need to look into the filter, no sure if to replace it or wait on it.

The jet pump is something i would like to get into as well, with the right tools and the right patience im confident i can pull it off.

Goodland? I havent heard of it.
Watson island, whats that near by? Bayside?

Once you flush oil tank and lines just change filter out.
Just remove and replace it.

Changing cone oil is easy.
Just just take off steering nozzle to get to it.

Goodland is at the end of San Marco and US 41

Once you flush oil tank and lines just change filter out.
Just remove and replace it.

Changing cone oil is easy.
Just just take off steering nozzle to get to it.

Goodland is at the end of San Marco and US 41

Thank a lot for the advices, im going to have fun this coming up weekend with this.

I got in contact with the previous owner and said that the last oil change was about a year ago.

Seems like my best bet is to flush it all and add new oil and at the same time do my filter and jet pump.

Let me know if you come up here sometime, theres this nice island called keywaydin thta gets a nice crowed every weekend.

Will do.

I've done ride twice and like hurricane pass.

Or area north of domes

Beach parking is the best!

Will do.

I've done ride twice and like hurricane pass.

Or area north of domes

Beach parking is the best!

Im about to purchase the oil, any API-TC synthetic oil works? Is that what you recomend?

The owners maual says to use the seadoo brand, but no stores here have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back