Odd Throttle Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMikey

Hello all, I'm having some odd throttle issues I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

Last time I was out, we were cruising along at about 60% throttle and a few times the throttle would drop out a little and then reaccelerate. It would drop from maybe 6500ish to 5000ish for a second or so and then pop back up. It only happened a couple times so I figured we ran over some weeds or something and it was working its way through.

Today I took the boat out and idled away from the dock. Then when I gunned it it wouldn't back off from full throttle. The throttle lever would pull back and the boat knew it; I could shift F/N/R with the lever at idle but the engine was revving. I killed the engine and futzed with the throttle cable and valve. It didn't seem like there was any tension or anything. When I started it back up it was at idle again. Second time accelerating, it stuck again. Killed it, poked at the cable, restarted, then the rest of the day it would throttle back down however it did seem to be doing the slightly-cutting-out thing it was doing previously once in a while.

Fuel itself should be good. I've run about a tank and a half of 89 octane ethanol free but if a treatment might help I'd definitely try it.

To my extremely uneducated mind it seems like two problems... the cut-outs due to either a leak or maybe some dirty plugs. I'm going to replace the plugs asap. Not sure what to do about a potential leak. As for the sticking throttle, I'm not sure how to approach it, especially since I can't seem to get it to happen at-will. It sounds like this guy had a similar problem, but no answer:

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...-Sticking-on-150-Speedster&highlight=throttle

Your assistance is appreciated,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back