Not beep, battery is full!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I went to check the fuel quantity in my boat before to go on the water and guess what. No beep for the DESS key at all. I can't check the gas quantity. I switched the radio to on to see if the battery is ok and yes, I have power. I tried to start the engine and no success at all. After that, I cleaned the key and the DESS contact with an eraser with no success.

Check your ignition key switch. If it gets really wet it could be shorting out. Happened to me once. Play with it a bit to see if you can get the contacts to hit. It's also pretty east to remove, you may be able to get seadoo to let you borrow one to try if you are near a dealer.

2 thoughts... Is throttle at start position? Sometimes they can be slightly misaligned and nothing. No beep either. The other is neutral start switch is bad. Now on my model you can check gas without starting. Not sure about yours. Once I spent 3 weeks when I firstgot my seadoo changing batteries, scouring the manual and going crazy (Lots of cussin). Then I accidentally bumped the throttle - BEEP and it started right up. Ugh - good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back