No spark again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
4-5 minutes on the hose is a long time. Proper cooling is sub-optimal on the hose... especially since water pressures vary. It sound like you got too hot. You should be able to touch your engine heads for a second or two before it hurts. And if it's sizzling water... way too hot. The tops of the cylinder heads have a cross-over hose between them... then the port (left) head has a hose that goes to a thru-hull tell-tale (pisser). This tell-tale is a common mud-dobber/insect hole in the hull to get plugged. If it's plugged... the tops of the cylinders can't purge the air out of them and they will get very hot especially at the tops of the cylinders. Ensure this hose is not clogged. On the hose... you probably won't see much come out of this hose (but it must be clear)... unless you have high water pressure. Also be sure to not run engine above idle on the hose.... as owners manuals all state. Hopefully you didn't cook anything. For extended run times... put it in the water... or leave it on the trailer and back the rear of the boat into the water. Cheers!

What you cook will be plastic bellows/carbon ring…that presses against the stainless sleeve…the ring will not melt,,,but the bellow will

4-5 minutes on the hose is a long time. Proper cooling is sub-optimal on the hose... especially since water pressures vary. It sound like you got too hot. You should be able to touch your engine heads for a second or two before it hurts. And if it's sizzling water... way too hot. The tops of the cylinder heads have a cross-over hose between them... then the port (left) head has a hose that goes to a thru-hull tell-tale (pisser). This tell-tale is a common mud-dobber/insect hole in the hull to get plugged. If it's plugged... the tops of the cylinders can't purge the air out of them and they will get very hot especially at the tops of the cylinders. Ensure this hose is not clogged. On the hose... you probably won't see much come out of this hose (but it must be clear)... unless you have high water pressure. Also be sure to not run engine above idle on the hose.... as owners manuals all state. Hopefully you didn't cook anything. For extended run times... put it in the water... or leave it on the trailer and back the rear of the boat into the water. Cheers!

Thanks, I will disconnect and blow compressed air going outwards on the pisser hose just to make sure of no blockage also I will remove both brackets to see if both sides are clear. Can that cause my stator to burn if the engine is running hot on starboard side? Wouldn’t that blow my rectifier first? Or at least a fuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back