No Lake Temp after upgrading iBR unit.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davus

Hi Guys,

Ski is a 2009 RXT IS 255.

So the other week I started getting iBR errors, with a whole bunch of codes. I traced the problem back to the iBR unit being faulty, and made the call to replace it.

I opted to upgrade at the same time to the later model Gen2 iBR units with the twin bolts into the "U Arm", and from what I understand is an overall better design electronically and mechanically. From what i can tell they started coming in 2013. As a biproduct of this, i now have a lake temp reading of 199 degrees (which basically tells me the lake temp sensor is not working)

The Gen1 (2009 - 2012) iBR units have water pumped across a sensor in the iBR unit itself. This sensor is what reads an interprets the lake temperature. However on the later iBR units, this water jacket does not exist. Instead Seadoo introduced a physical external LTS (lake temp sensor) allowing the replacement of the sensor itself (in the event it went faulty), rather than having to replace the whole iBR unit itself as you would have in the earlier versions.

The red circle indicates the difference in the two units.

attachment.php
attachment.php

It appears as though in 2013 seadoo introduced the updated iBR unit, removing the water jacket from the iBR unit, and replacing it with an external LTS (Lake Temp Sensor). Has anyone tried to retrofit one of these later iBR units to an earlier ski?. If so - how did you tackle the LTS issue?

From looking at the diagrams in the 2013 workshop manual (below), theoretically i should be able to buy the 2013 LTS sensor, and use the two wires pictured in the below wiring schematic (assuming they exist in my 2009 ski.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Open to thoughts or suggestions from anyone.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back