No forward thrust

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkbob

Hey guys. Bad day on the lake today. Just after launch I found I had no forward thrust. Or rather about 3mph. Lots of rpms so the throttle cable is OK. Reverse gate goes up and down.

What's most likely? What's my next step?

cavitation, you probably sucked something in the jetpump, check wear wing clearance as well

I crawled under the jet ski. Nothing obvious stuck in the intake. I don't have the ability to measure clearances unless it's something very easy to do. Guess it's into the shop... * sigh *

I crawled under the jet ski. Nothing obvious stuck in the intake. I don't have the ability to measure clearances unless it's something very easy to do. Guess it's into the shop... * sigh *
how much light passed through the impeller and wearring gap?

Pull the pump check wear ring gap Impeller splines es and shaft
Common for the splines to go if not lubricated often

+1 on the splines. My buddy lost the splines on the drive shaft after years of salt water use. Pull the pump again and post pics of the splines on the end of the drive shaft and also inside the impeller.

Update. I took it in to Arizona Jetski. The owner worked on it Sunday morning and by 2pm it's back in my garage.

It was the wear ring, some gunk in the pump and a few nicks and bent fins on the impeller. Assuming a lot of this was wear from the previous owner.

Anyway new ring, impeller all buffed out and we are good to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back