Newbie with a few questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not fuel efficent. Well not many boats are unless they have a electric motor :lol:. All depends on fast you want to go full speed is less than 2 hours on 40 gals. The only thing that gets good milages out of all my toys I own is my 2004 V-Star 1100 all the other just suck gas and money. The quads are not that bad on gas. I can go about 3-4 hours on 3 gals.

Not a bad price for the boat I snagged mine for $4400, the guy wanted $5600, but he needed money real bad and I was only one who had cash. I know for next time to inspect the bottom more. The boat had some damage on the bottom from running aground and the one intake was all banged up from sucking up rocks. It looks like it was fixed years ago and it is was cracking again because they just used filler and not fiberglass. It will be good to go in Spring.

Yeah, we knew it would use a lot of fuel, but anything is going to be more expensive to operate than a 16' runabout with a 35hp outboard. We have a weekend house close to Greers Ferry Lake, and we generally spend two weekends a month there from mid-May to mid-September. We'll figure out how fast we can go and how long we can stay out on the water before we end up in the poor house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back