Newbie Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer_62

Hi

I'm new to boating, the forum, and PWC.
Yesterday I bought a 99' Sportster twin 85's, went for a ride and loved it.

The first question/problem I have is that I put $60 worth of gas in it, the gauge read empty...I'm under the impression its not working, or there is not enough gas in it read properly.

Secondly, I don't understand what the bilge pumps are for and how they operate and when they should be used.

Thx

bilge pumps are for pumping water out that gets in the engine conpartment, mine is automatic but i can turn it on manually if i want via switch. Nothing is 100% water tight so lets say your boats at a dock if to much water in the bottom of your boat itll kick on, or if you see some water in there you can pump it out....

Just keep in mind that the motor in the bilge pump is cooled by water flowing through it so don't just turn it on and leave it if there is no water in your bilge. If it is left on with no water flowing through it you will burn out the motor.

Gas Gauge

For the gas gauge fix, search this forum for that topic you will get several recent hits. Its common and easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back