Newb in Derry, NH

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

smc0922

Hi all, new to skis and new to the board. Picked up a 97 GSi/single trailer for free and got a really good deal on a 97 GTi with a double trailer. GTi is immaculate and needs nothing, GSi needs quite a bit but nothing unreasonable, chasing and cleaning all the corroded terminals and cleaning the carb at the moment.

GTi when I bought it off CL
334.jpg

GSi when I picked it up
335.jpg

Both skis trailered up.
336.jpg

337.jpg

GSi carb fouling
338.jpg

339.jpg

Welcome to the forum, search the previous threads for you any answers you might need, some really good info to be had. There is alot of member with good knowledge and experience here to help you through most anything. These guys have saved me a ton of $$ never mind keeping my frustration level in check.

Good luck with the skis, sounds like you got a good deal on them.
Thats one messy carb.

Thanks, I already raided the classifieds and fired off a ton of messages, so stoked I found GSi parts in the classifieds! The carb is messy but was 10000% better when it came out of the cleaning bucket after only 24 hours... its been 4 days now, should be near perfect! :D

I'm a master small engine mechanic so this stuff is just a little bit different but I'm sure I'll have questions once I get the GSi running and getting it perfect.

Well I may have gone off the deep end.. Bought 3 more skis to fix and flip this fall...

1996 GTi (With the 97 GTi and 97 GSi)
179.jpg

1992 GTS
180.jpg

1995 GTS
181.jpg

I've learned so much already from this forum and also located A LOT of much needed parts! Thanks to you all and I'll chime in to help whenever I can!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back