New wheels and LED lights on the trailer.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RFoster130

Premium Member
Premium Member
The previous owner majorly neglected the trailer that came with my boat. I have been trying to rebuild it. I swapped out the coupler and jack a few weeks ago. I also redid the whole wire harness and added all LED lights. I used all clear lenses. I think they turned out awesome. Then on a trip 4 hours away a few weeks ago, I developed a major vibration that pulled the wires out of 2 of the brand new lights and beat the boat up kinda bad. So, today I replaced the hubs and bearings and installed new wheels and tires. Here are some pics of all the work.

Very bright lights even during daylight.

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

261.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, I am contemplating weather or not to do some LED's on my trailer. Do you have to rewire the whole trailer for the LED's?

If your wiring is good, no you dont have to. I had to because my old wires were all rusted through the insulation and melted in a few spots. It was well worth the 10 bucks knowing everything is all new now. The existing wire can handle the LED's fine. In fact, LED's use less power. It cost me like 100 bucks to redo all the wiring and lights. Not a bad deal at all and it looks great.

I love my led lights on my trailer.. It gives me that extra insurance of knowing people see the lights better and wont crash into my jetski while coming home at night from the water...

Custom Wheels

Hey man i got my new wheels! I really like them!! what do you think!

Attachments

• VID00160.JPG
    VID00160.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 42
  • VID00161.JPG
    VID00161.JPG
    320.7 KB · Views: 46
They look great. Think they would look better on my black trailer. I'll trade ya..lol

You need to get those new decals. Would look sharp on your yellow boat.

Yeah I need the decals bad! I think my trailer wheels would look good with the wheels you have on your truck

I ordered those trailer landing lights that come on when you back in the water... supposed to help guide you to the trailer at night...I'm sure they will be a pain to run the wires thru the trailer framing tho..

sounds cool but i would be worried about having to have the lights plugged in while backing into the water. I always unplug mine. i had to totally rewire my trailer, it wasnt too bad snaking the wires through the trailer.

runway lights

got the runway lights on.. they come on with a float switch once you back into the water...the wake boats back up and launch with the lights plugged in, so I don't think it will hurt anything..if anything just blow a fuse..

Attachments

• DSCF0627.JPG
    DSCF0627.JPG
    399.7 KB · Views: 52
got the runway lights on.. they come on with a float switch once you back into the water...the wake boats back up and launch with the lights plugged in, so I don't think it will hurt anything..if anything just blow a fuse..

What thats so cool.. Where did you get that.. Also RFoster130 where did you buy those rear lights on your boat.. I'm working on a boat trailer and want something like those.

Ebay, thats where I buy 99% of the mod stuff. Place called R&P Carriages. They were the cheapest. Greg, (Tresvatos) is the one who referred me.

trailer lights

i have the same as RFoster, but mine are in a box, just to hide wiring..

Attachments

• DSCF0624.JPG
    DSCF0624.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF0623.JPG
    DSCF0623.JPG
    464 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back