New to Sea-doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailordick

Just bought a 1994 Explorer and I'm in the process up cleaning her up. One of the owners in the past painted the tubes (half assed) with hypalon/pvc paint from west marine and I'm in the process of removing it. It also has quite a few patches that are in good shape aside from a couple of crappy ones. I don't know much about these boats but we wanted a fun tender for our other boat. I'm slowly getting to know our explorer and I'm running into problems here and there. Our blower fan isn't working, tested the wires and switch coming from the electrical box and checked the all the fuses and they are all fine. I think it might be the relay but I think I'll just rewire the fan.

Excited to share and check out all of the resources here.

Well you bought the most awesome inexpensive rib boat out there!!

FYI, make sure to do the normal maintenance that all the seadoos need. Your fuel lines are fine, but you need to pull the carbs off and go thru them. While they are off replace the oil injection lines, and the oil filter. Pull the pump nozzles off, inspect the prop and wear ring, and if everything looks good pull the cone off and replace the oil and the cone Oring.

I had a mint one a few years ago that sat in a barn forever...if we would have even tried it on the lake once it would have tore the motor up...the oil inj lines were cracked. Carbs were pretty crusty. Got it all done and to tell you the truth...I loved it.

Welcome to the best Seadoo site on the planet!!! If I can be of help just let me know.

Just bought a 95 explorer. The tubes go flat when it's in the shade? When it's in the sun the fill back up. Can someone tell me what's going on? Do I have a leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back