New to Me 1995 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a 1995 Speedster a few days ago. Trying to clean up some of the P/O mess.

One think I have not been able to sort out is the fact that none of the gauges seem to work. They don't seem to have any power coming in from the MPEM on the purple wires. I'm thinking it may be the relay in the MPEM as I'm not getting any power on either side of the 7.5 amp fuse.

But i have also run a 12v hot and ground straight to both 1 tach and the Fuel Gauge and still nothing.

I'm new to these boats but have several Skis years ago and seem to remember that the gauges would bounce up a little when you first put the lanyard on the switch even if ski was not running, I assume these should do the same.

Also the beeper is not working and that comes off that same fuse too.

Boat starts and runs out of water fine.Have some plumbing to fix before it goes in the water.Bilge, Lights, and blower all work fine. All the fuses seem fine (not Blown).

Anybody got any ideas? Anybody with a 95 want to tell me what happens to their gauges when the first turn the key on/ lanyard on?

THanks,
Greg

well, the fuel gauge never works in these boats. even when you do get power to it, you will probably find the float is bad in the sending unit as well as an internal fuse also blown in said sending unit. the float can be ordered from many sources including ebay and amazon for about 15.00 or less. the fuse issue can be repaired by watching a couple videos on youtube.

as to your bigger issue, do you have the wiring diagram for your boat? i assume speedster would be a 2 engine craft?

my boat is a 2000 model with 2 engines. when i install my key, i get two beeps and the gas gauge comes to life. seems like the tach needles jump a little bit. can't remember for sure on the last part though.

Thanks for the reply.

I figured I would have trouble with the gas gauge Had a 95 XP and went through that process with it. But the others I wasnt expecting.
I do have a manual and used it to trace the wires back to MPEM gonna try to work on the easy one today beeper and the low oil light on the fuel gauge. If I cant get them working I'm going to button it up for now and put her in the water and make sure I dont have any other surprises. I can work on the gauges when it gets cold.

Thanks,
Greg

OK progress has been made...
Got the Fuel Gauge working. Bad sending unit. Had to fix the fuse on the board now it works.

Tachs are both bad..Ended up getting my hands on a used one from a newer ski. Too large to fit in my dash but it does work when plugged in so mine are bad,just have to source some replacements.

Think I'm just gonna go the GPS route for the Speedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back