New to me 09’ RXP-X 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

av8or43

I’ve just picked up an 09’ RXP-X 255 which is stock and has about 140 hrs. It’s supposed to have had the SC rebuilt at 100 hrs. It has been in salt water, so that’s a concern for sure. My questions are, what known issues does this model have, and which mods are most effective on this particular ski? I’m looking for good reliability and some insight into the RXP series of boats since I’m new to the 4 stroke machines.

The main thing with 4-Tec Supercharged models is the supercharger getting rebuilt at 100 hours, other than that assuming you know he changed the oil to Seadoo standards each and every time, it should be bullet proof; did you happen to get service records of this being done or did he just say he got it done? Typically with Seadoo PWCs the jumping out of water consistently has a lot of wear on the supercharger because of the sudden RPM loss. Personally I would do a tune up to any new purchase to just have an ease of mind on the water, but yeah other than that welcome to owning a seadoo my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back