New to boating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Wodenau

G'day (seemed appropriate),

I live on the NSW Central Coast and I'm in the market for a 2nd-hand Sea Doo Challenger, once I sell my VW Kombi Beach.

Is there anything I should know about these boats?

Anyone from the Central Coast, or anywhere in NSW, have advice on nice boating holiday locations? I already know about Forster on mid north coast.

Cheers

Word of warning, if your planning on running in salt water (which I assume you would out of the entrance etc) you'll need something with a gal trailer, most if not all of the boats brought in by BRP Australia are equipped with gal trailers. A lot of imports out of the states are fresh water boats so painted trailers are more common.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Can anyone please explain why some boats I've seen are 215hp and others are 255hp? Is this because one version is imported? Is there anything I should be wary of?

BTW sold my Kombi and am in the market for a boat as soon as I return from 30th Wedding Anniversary trip to Hawaii in May. Yee Haa!

While I've been waiting to sell my van I've missed out on two excellent boats but I'm sure others will crop up. Looking for one with poppy cover (full cover if that is the correct term) and bimini top.

Back