New Owner ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Hag

Hey guys! I just bought a 2012 180 SP and have taken it out a couple of times. The boat has modes ie. Ski mode, ECO mode, Cruise mode and also a depth finder, temp gauge. I have played aroung with the Mode and Set buttons and toggle switch but can not acces the depth finder or different modes. I spoke to the dealer and they stated that you can not access the modes until after the 10 hr service so that the motor is properly broken in. Does anyone know for certain and if that is the case, can I not access the depth finder and temp gauge until then also? I can understand not being able to access the modes until broken in, but what about the depth finder and temp gauge. The temp that the boat reads seems to be the temp of the motor and not that of the water. I have read the manual backwards and forward and have even called SeaDoo to find out. The problem is the manual is to vague and the rep at SeaDoo turned me back to the dealer. Having to bring the boat back to the dealer just to get a simple answer would be a total pain.

Thanks

i was able to on mine from the first time out.

Just call me this evening and i'll see if i can walk you thru it. 817-933-1126 Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll help anyone that wants to call. i was just out in it all weekend and used every feature it had. The ski mode is the greatest thing BTW.

The toggle is just above the "s" button. You just hit "M" until it shows what you want to do (ex: ski mode), then you hit "S". It will then prompt for a ramp which you can use the toggle to set (1-5, with 5 being the most aggressive). Then you hit "S" and then toggle to the desired cruise speed. Then you hit "S" to engage it and make it active. It's really simple after you've done it once.

As far as the display goes: Just hit "M" till it shows "display" and then toggle till it says what you'd want it to read on the LCD screen (ex:depth, or RPM), and then hit "S" to set it and lock it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have played with the mode/setting buttons and the toggle switch countless times with no response. I am wondering if there maybe some kind of electrical issue. When I turn the boat on, the ski, cruise, eco mode indicators light up green. But again no response when I mess with the buttons.

On a side note, I had the windows blacked out last weekend and the boat looks killer!!

Tinting the windows is next on my list too. Show some pics man. I would love to see your set up with the racks, speakers, and tint.

When you hit mode does it scroll to "ski"? Does it make a "beep" noise?

I get no response/beeps when I press the mode button. I have 7 hrs on it now and should have ~9-10hrs by Sunday. I figure worse case scenario the dealer will correct when I bring it in for the 10hr. Check out the pic Sea Doo 180 SP.jpg

I am having the wake tower speakers, light bar, underwater lights and GPS/Fishfinder installed also when I bring in for the 10 hr as part of the agreement was that they will install all accessories with no charge! I will send pics when completely done.

nice, i like it. If you're not getting any beeps or anything, then there's just something wrong that they'll have to fix. If you dont mind, how much was the tint? I think I'll do tint next and wait till next spring to do the tower speakers. Are you going with the factory tower speakers?

Also, I put the tower rack on mine (same as yours, but polished) and they said to put the 2 bushings together and when i did, it won't clamp all the way. There's a small gap that i can't tighten to avoid. Are you having this same issue?

The tint was $125 cash, and for the amount of time it took it was worth paying. I bought the speakers and cans which are polk from liquidaudio.com. I can't remember if I trimmed the length of the inner bushing shorter. I definitely trimmed the outer ring of the inner bushing so that it would be flush. You may want to use a clamp to tighten down and then tighten each bolt criss cross(like how you tighten a tire). I will check on Sunday to see if I shortened the bushing.
I spoke to the dealer and they already said that if there is an issue with the modes it will be handled.

I trimmed the outer ring and some off the length of the inner bushing, and clamped and tighted criss-cross, but still have a gap. I think i may try to find some rubber else where and use that. I kind of wish i just bought the one from seadoo from the get go. Oh well.

I would call bulletlines.com and get them to send more of the rubber inserts. I don't know why your having a problem, I actually had a harder time getting the bolts in because it was so snug. When you get the additional bushings, let them overlap without cutting and that will make for a tighter fit.

Try:
Heating with a hairdryer or heat gun.
Trimming the bushing more to minimize gap
Call bulletlines tell them the problem and get them to send you the correct bushings

FYI the bushings I received were of two different thicknesses, one was thinner and that was the one I trimmed the tabs on. I do remember that it was still tight, but I wrapped the inner bushing as tight as possible around the tower and then wrapped the outer on as tight as possible

I'll just retry it this week. I did it the same way you did yours, but maybe i just need to wrap it again. Thanks and post up some picks when you get the tower done.

This threat needs to come back to life, we need to see the pics of the finished product! To get back to your original issue, did that ever get resolved? I could access and use all my modes since day 1. Got the same boat, just purchased wake racks for my tower.

It's still not working, everything else is. Took it for the 25 hour inspection...different dealer since my dealer couldn't figure it out. Second dealer can't either. I have a Garmin that gives me depth, but I want the darn thing to work for resale. They said they will be contacting SeaDoo to see if they can resolve - may have to remove and put a new one it. Occcasionally it will give me a reading, but it is not consistent with the Garmin by any means. It's all very frustrating as there is no sense of urgency to resolve.

Hi if the people that have tower speakers on there 180sp just wondering if you have some pics of them mounted I have the same boat and just wanting to see how they look. I am going to be adding 4 of the Polk mm651 speakers this week hopefully they show up in the mail.

Hi if the people that have tower speakers on there 180sp just wondering if you have some pics of them mounted I have the same boat and just wanting to see how they look. I am going to be adding 4 of the Polk mm651 speakers this week hopefully they show up in the mail.

Any news/pictures about setup?

I can't seem to fin any pictures online of a 180SP with tower speakers.

Can't you guys just use 210 boat to get an idea?

We could I guess, but the 210 has a larger tower and has room for 4 tower speakers.

As for our boats, especially with board racks on there already, I'm afraid that 4 speakers on the tower would be overkill.

I just picked up a pair of Roswell R6 from a dealership today (I got the Bronze Pro Audio Kit). I'll get it installed once I get the boat out in April and keep you guys posted.

Do you guys think that the stock radio has the outputs in the back to connect to the Roswell amp (500.4). I would assume so since this is what BRP puts on the 210 & 230 Wakes, but I'm not sure if we share the same radios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back