New Owner - 1997 Challenger 1800 - Slow moving Resto/Mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late reply....they have the 97 upholstery kits for $485 at www.seaddouphostery.com.....I think it's ran by someone on this site. It has a ton of good reviews.

I still haven't solved this issue, it's actually worse now, it won't rev past 3k. Gonna yank the carbs again and check pop offs. Hopefully we can track it down, ready to get back on the water.

I think we've figured this out.....as a last ditch effort after tearing the carbs apart again and still not being to rev past 3k, we swapped spark plugs between engines. The starboard (which had the issue before) ran great and the port bogged down. Putting all new plugs in and taking her back out tonight. The plugs look fine, so not sure what the issue was, but the results were there. Wish me luck.

and.....it's toast!

Need a new cylinder head, resleeve one cylinder, new piston and so forth.....yup, it's officially a turd now.

So what happened? A piston came apart or something else? Did it run well then go bang (lean failure) or was it running poorly because it was on its last legs? (poor compression)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back