New Member "2kflhr" New to Sea-Doo's not PWC's

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

2kflhr

Hello all!

I have been around the water all of my life. I grew up spending summers at Lake Norman in NC and finally moved there permanently from Charlotte, NC about 15 years ago. I bought my first ski around 2000 having only owned boats prior to that. In the 14 years I owned it I only managed to get about 300 hours on the ski before I sold it several weeks ago. It was a Polaris SLTH that I bought from a friend that rented them. He only rented them for one season and annually replaced them. When it was time to move them that year I decided I wanted one so I got his pick of the litter out of a fleet of 8, and, it had only been in service for 4 months when I acquired it. It already had a few scratches and dings on it so I could just enjoy it and not worry about marring the finish. At first I caught a lot of flack for purchasing the Polaris but it was only 4 months old and I got it for $2,500, rode it for 14 years and put 298 trouble free hours on it. All I ever did to it was replace the fuel lines due to the green goo at the hose ends and spark plugs. Unlike the reputation of most Polaris PWC's, for me, it never faltered or gave one minute of trouble. It was time to get something different and I wanted something a little newer and a little faster so I started looking around. Since I don't spend as much time on the water as I'd like too (especially since I just live across the road and a stones throw from it) I didn't want to invest a good chunk of change on a ski that sat most of the time as I work a lot. Soooo, I was originally looking for a Waverunner Cruiser or FX HO and then happened upon a '04 GTX Limited with 117 hrs. on it for a good price, a recently rebuilt SC, and a aluminum Triton trailer.

I guess time will tell if I made a wise investment or not but I plan to try to learn all I can about Sea-Doo and the Rotax as I will likely do most of my own work provided I don't get in over my head. I've always turned wrenches on Camaro's as I've always owned at least one since I was 16 and that was 40 years ago.

My first skis were Polaris as well. Bout them with 11 hours on them and kept them for 11 years. The ONLY thing I ever did was change the spark plugs once and that was only because I thought I should.. LOL They built great skis. However, they are nothing like my Seadoos,,, Love the 4-tech engine. Welcome aboard,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back