New here, debating between a Trixx 3up or a Wake 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex43

Hey there, just joined the forum and hope to find out lots of info to help me decide, currently debating between a new Trixx 3up or a Wake 155.
I rode a 2up Trixx last year and it was fun, just wondering if the novelty would wear off and if I should get a Wake 155 as between me and my girlfriend we have 5 kids total ( each of us has 50-50 custody )
I like the Trixx as it's fun to play around on, it's cheaper, and I'm trying to restabish credit after a divorce/bankruptcy.
The Wake 155 would be good for towing, and probably cruising around more comfortbly, plus with the kids we would probably have a tube to tow a lot of days. I'm curious if the 155 has enough wake to wake surf.

If anybody has advice or info, I'd appreciate it.

Do you ride in smooth water or rough? The Trixx isn't great in chop and the seat is pretty small for kids. For comfort and towing the Wake. Also the Trixx only goes about 45 mph.

Last edited:
Also don't forget to look at the Yamaha EX as you get a fiberglass hull,not plastic and the Yamaha is going to be more reliable. The newer seadoos are not the most reliable skis out there.

I bleed seadoo yellow all day long but if I was spending my money on a new ski I would probably go yamaha.

I would be buying Sea-Doo as there is a dealership in my small town, and my cousin is married to one the head guys there.

It would be some lake running and on a small tidal river...not much flow up or down the river.

I'd like a boat, but can't afford one right now, and reliability ( new) is a big factor as well.

Honestly if I were you I would look at the GTI 90. In all honesty the TRixx is a single person ski made for playing around in smooth water. The only way they can call it a 3 seater is to slap a bolt on extension on the back and a longer narrow seat. If you were buying it for your 16 year old son to ride with small friend it would be fine but not for running your kids around the lake all day.

For a good entry level family ski to go have fun on all summer and be more than comfortable foy you and a couple kids or adults the GTI 90 is hard to beat. More room, more stable and better ride than the Trixx.

There is a huge price difference between the Wake and the Trixx so I think you really need to look at your budget too since they aren't even in the same ballpark. The Trixx is $8,300 the GTI is $8,700 and the Wake is $12,000.

Also the Wake, is just a name. There is no ballast system so you aren't going to get anything close enough to surf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back