New here any tips or advice?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickbettschen

Hey guys.

Just got my (new to me) 2004 GTI 800 RFI.

And was wondering if there where any easy upgrades or even maintenance advise you guys could help me with.

It's my first PWC so I really don't k ow much about them yet. But I learn fast

Thanks!
Nick
Kingston Ontario

Attachments

• 20190824_161452.jpg
    20190824_161452.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
There are no performance upgrades for that model so just enjoy it as is.

For maintenance you should only be running full synthetic API-TC rated oil.
I would change the oil injection filter and the little 3/32" oil lines from the oil pump to the intake.
Change the in-tank fuel filters.
Clean the RAVE valves.
Change the jet pump oil.

What miki said and while you have rave valves out might as well change the little O-rings on the shaft, they get a little brittle and you'll get the dreaded black goo runs, I discovered one of my raves slobbering black goo and a partially unseated diaphragm a couple days ago, ran but was anemic, reseated diaphragm and back in bitness.

Do not drive it up on shore, do not start it in water less than 18 inches, especially if it is a pebbly area. If you get stuck in weeds, stop the motor, and just float for a while, often the weeds will float out, ( carry a set of goggles on board to remove said weeds or other articles stuck in the pump). It will be non family members that cause you problems, because they rarely have to pay for the repairs (I speak from years of experience) . After playing in the water ( doing subs etc), drive in a straight line for couple hundred yards for the syphon bilge to suck the water out of the ski, ( that will save you getting towed in with a submerged ski, and or motor) . Always always start the ski before you leave home or launch. If the ski will sit for a while, disconnect the battery. And, make sure the drain plugs are in.

Never ever jump a dead battery with a booster pack.

When running at home on the hose, never have the ski off when water is on. Ski started, water on......water off, ski off. And never run for more than a couple minutes.

Carry an extra set of spark plugs and tools to change them.

Always, always make sure you have enough beer and it's properly chilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back