New Engine still issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wvcorder

So I have a 98 GTX RFI. I just put a rebuilt SBT motor in it but having some issues. It seems to run fine on the trailer with RPM's over 5000. When I put it in the lake it has trouble starting and then eventually won't start. It has a new battery, HD rectifier, starter. I changed the fuel filters last season. All new oil when the engine was installed and I've bled the lines out twice. Spark plugs are both firing and gapped at .20. I'm thinking possibly a bad fuel pump but I'm not sure how to hook a guage up to test it. I've read it needs 56-60 psi? Any help would be much appreciated.

So an update. I forgot to mention in the original post that I sent the fuel injectors off and had them cleaned. I was also able to check the fuel pump and it's showing 58 psi so within specs. I'm wondering if a bad water pump would cause this issue? It starts right up on the trailer and then struggles in the water.

I check compression and the rotary valve timing. Also take ohm readings on the sensor the procedure is in the manual. Could be the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back