New dash, steering wheel etc

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

utah997

Finally got around to this project yesterday. I found a dash that was in much better shape than mine for $100 online. Pulled everything apart, painted the new dash, installed new switch covers, and steering wheel. While I was at it, I redid the throttle levers and plate..

292.jpg
[/URL]

293.jpg
[/URL]

294.jpg
[/URL]

Not sure if I like the black instead of white there, but we'll see how it holds up

Finally got around to this project yesterday. I found a dash that was in much better shape than mine for $100 online. Pulled everything apart, painted the new dash, installed new switch covers, and steering wheel. While I was at it, I redid the throttle levers and plate..

292.jpg
[/URL]

293.jpg
[/URL]

294.jpg
[/URL]

Not sure if I like the black instead of white there, but we'll see how it holds up
Looking awesome ...like the black ..switch things up !!!!! Dash looks good while 9 yards !!!! How easy was the painting process ?? Did you use krylon fusion and do the sand,alcohol, adhesion, primer , paint and clear coat routine ??? Looking super sweet !!+!

Looking awesome ...like the black ..switch things up !!!!! Dash looks good while 9 yards !!!! How easy was the painting process ?? Did you use krylon fusion and do the sand,alcohol, adhesion, primer , paint and clear coat routine ??? Looking super sweet !!+!

So.. I should say that I have the patience of a 4 year old. So I probably didn't do the best prep job. I washed the dash pretty good with soap and water. And then wiped down with mineral spirits.. didn't do any sanding etc. Then used Krylon Fusion flat black, sprayed.. then let dry for about 45 minutes. I did four coats. Then let dry for about an hour.. then a coat of clear coat. We'll see how it holds up. If it starts to chip or fade etc.. I'll just tear it down and do it again (maybe sanding etc this time)

Even if I end up doing it every winter, it's no biggie. Now that I know how everything comes apart etc.

Got the steering wheel here: http://www.amazon.com/Ongaro-Follet...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I think it looks great, *but* it is a little bigger then stock. And since I'm 6'6, we'll see if that cramps my style. If it does, I'll round up a smaller one.

Rebuilt Jet pumps and poppy cover coming today, as well as getting new graphics on the sides.. :)

Where did you get a new F.N.R. decal, or do you know where to get one?

Seadoowarehouse dot com. Find your year, then Labels -> Shifter Pointer.

Every time I order something like that, I always order two. Never know how long you are going to be able to find that stuff.

Thst steering wheel is probably gonna find its way into my boat. Looks great[emoji106]

Thanks. Yeah, I think it turned out pretty good. It's a little bigger than the stock one, and I thought it might be a tight fit because I'm pretty tall, but seems to work fine.

I would love to see your vinyl graphics that you installed on the side. I am wanting to chance mine too. I am looking at wrapping the sides with a black vinyl and then maybe a simple design that started on the side and continues up to the top side. Anyone used vinyl on the hull? How did it hold up? I was thinking of just doing the top part of the hull, but I'm sure the rear will be under the water line.

image.jpg

Bought the same steering wheel.
It look great on the boat! Thank for th idea.
My old steering wheel was so ugly.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A new steering wheel for "I'm a good husband day" I will have to drop a hint to my wife. On second thought I will have to buy it secretly and tell my wife it came with the boat.

I would love to see your vinyl graphics that you installed on the side. I am wanting to chance mine too. I am looking at wrapping the sides with a black vinyl and then maybe a simple design that started on the side and continues up to the top side. Anyone used vinyl on the hull? How did it hold up? I was thinking of just doing the top part of the hull, but I'm sure the rear will be under the water line.

Just posted a thread today with the graphics all done. I like them, don't love them. Maybe they will grow on me. Better than the faded ones that were on there though. We'll see, but I might replace them this winter.

Just unscrew the nut. Tap gently on the taper shaft to remove the steering wheel. The new one go on the shaft ( keyed shaft). Put the nut back. All set . Maybe 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back