New angle on engine, problem?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikkar

Hello! Im in the endgame in building my jetboat.
The engine in question is a 2007 951 DI
Just wanted to make sure BEFORE i started running it in water, that the engine angle doesnt affect exhaustcooling.
First time working on a jetski engine, and not sure if the exhaust is waterjackeded or if the water flows freely inside the pipe itself.
Since i had to mount the engine with less of an angle than it was in the 3D, i just want to make sure the coolingwater doesnt flow back in the combustionchamber as soon as i put it in the water.
Attaching pictures of the engine in the ski and in the boat.
As you. As you can se the fuelrail is completely vertical in the boat, and more angled in the ski.
Will it work? Thank you ✌

Attachments

• EF8FBBC5-2FD8-4D66-869B-734E1929C0B8.jpeg
    EF8FBBC5-2FD8-4D66-869B-734E1929C0B8.jpeg
    730.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 48BBB8F8-65C9-4996-AB47-4B8F7244FFEB.jpeg
    48BBB8F8-65C9-4996-AB47-4B8F7244FFEB.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 21
It could be possible that the water in the wet exhaust could flow back into the cylinders easier in this orientation. But as long as you don’t do something silly like having it on the hose with the engine off you will probably be ok.

Also if the final exhaust outlet is lower than the pipe and the pipe is above the waterline you shouldn’t have lake water flowing back into the pipe chamber.

It could be possible that the water in the wet exhaust could flow back into the cylinders easier in this orientation. But as long as you don’t do something silly like having it on the hose with the engine off you will probably be ok.

Also if the final exhaust outlet is lower than the pipe and the pipe is above the waterline you shouldn’t have lake water flowing back into the pipe chamber.
Great to hear! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back