Need some advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsinaz

So I sent my engine to Full Bore last November to have it rebuilt after a rod bearing seizure. They received the engine on November 9 according to FedEx tracking records. Whenever I spoke to them initially, I was told that once they received my engine I would be placed on the schedule to have it rebuilt and gave me an estimated return of mid-February. I called at the beginning of February to inquire how the rebuild was progressing, at which time I was told they would not start the rebuild until the end of March. In reading another post on this forum, I saw mention that Dan had "let go his lead tech and that they were way behind. So I sent Dan an email expressing my concern about this situation and was told that he is the lead tech and that he had let go his "right hand man" and that they were behind but had stopped taking orders for new engines until they catch up. But he assured me that I would receive my rebuilt engine by the end of March, as I was told. It is now April 20th and I still have no engine and am getting worried because the 6 month mark since I made payment through paypal is almost here.

I am considering filing a dispute with paypal before the 6 months is up, but I am concerned, based on some other posts I have read, that if I do that Dan will just send my un-rebuilt engine back to me, as he has done to others who have filed a dispute with paypal for the same reason I am considering doing so.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I feel that having my engine for over 5 months (not to mention the money I paid up front) is a bit excessive. Right now the dispute with paypal is the only recourse I have and once that is expired, I have no other recourse. Knowing that many members here have had positive experiences with Full Bore I ask your opinion should I just sit tight and wait or file the dispute.

So I sent my engine to Full Bore last November to have it rebuilt after a rod bearing seizure. They received the engine on November 9 according to FedEx tracking records. Whenever I spoke to them initially, I was told that once they received my engine I would be placed on the schedule to have it rebuilt and gave me an estimated return of mid-February. I called at the beginning of February to inquire how the rebuild was progressing, at which time I was told they would not start the rebuild until the end of March. In reading another post on this forum, I saw mention that Dan had "let go his lead tech and that they were way behind. So I sent Dan an email expressing my concern about this situation and was told that he is the lead tech and that he had let go his "right hand man" and that they were behind but had stopped taking orders for new engines until they catch up. But he assured me that I would receive my rebuilt engine by the end of March, as I was told. It is now April 20th and I still have no engine and am getting worried because the 6 month mark since I made payment through paypal is almost here.

I am considering filing a dispute with paypal before the 6 months is up, but I am concerned, based on some other posts I have read, that if I do that Dan will just send my un-rebuilt engine back to me, as he has done to others who have filed a dispute with paypal for the same reason I am considering doing so.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I feel that having my engine for over 5 months (not to mention the money I paid up front) is a bit excessive. Right now the dispute with paypal is the only recourse I have and once that is expired, I have no other recourse. Knowing that many members here have had positive experiences with Full Bore I ask your opinion should I just sit tight and wait or file the dispute.

Hold tight, I shot Dan a message.. you'll get the engine..

Dan, just curious if you heard anything from Dan at Full Bore, like perhaps when I will be getting the engine back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back