Need M2 Efi Engine!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Can any of you help me whith som tips?

my 2001 EFI M2 engine is dead, and at the shop they tell me that i need a new engine :-(.Does eny of you have any ideas where i can find a replacemnt???, new or used.
The problem whith my dead engine is that i melted a piston, and now they tells me that they cant repair it...they have had my boat at the shop for one year now..and im getting kind of tired about it.

Best Regards

Patrik

M-2......run around.....?

I'm actually wondering if your getting a run around on this. I'm not 100% sure about the M-2, but most marine engines cyclinders are sleeved. So, if you melted a piston, the only thing you should need is an engine rebuild. Press out that old sleeve, put a new one in and a new piston and "whalah", your done.
I think you may be at the mercy of one of those "shady" boat shops who know, you ain't got no idea.
Go get the boat. I'm sure there are other "Mercury" repair/dealer shops available to help you out.........

I just researched the net and it seems this engine does not have engine cylinder sleeves. Which means, if the piston melted, it would require more work. But I did read someother ineresting stuff. The piston is machined of a material that would allow for damage, but not melting. You can burn a hole in the top from the spark plug, but not melt it into the cylinder.
I think there is something "shady" going on there with your motor.
I do know for certain, Seadoo no longer services the Mercury Optimax engines. You will need to go to a respected Mercury shop for a decent estimate.
Good luck..........and don't be taken advantage of. One year is way to long for your boat to sit. And if it were my boat, I'd not pay them a dime, unless I saw specific things on the engine that appeared to be worked on. Now, as a mechanic, that's what I'd do. You may need to take a more diplomatic approach to this......GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back