Need help with buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadude1986

Hi guys ' I'm new to this and was going to pick up a seadoo today but I need a little help. I am stumped here between 2 models and what's a better but . Someone is selling a 2002 seadoo RX DI 951cc. brand new rebuilt ' only has 20 hours on it ' new battery etc.
The other machine is a 2003 4tec supercharged 1500cc . It has 192 hours on it but supercharger was rebuilt at 170 hours .
I really need help on what is the better buy here . What will last and what will be more fun this summer. Thanks alot

As a DI owner that is just finishing up a complete engine rebuild, I would be careful buying one without a willingness and capability to work on them yourself. That includes potentially buying the $400 CanDoo Pro software to pull trouble codes. Do you know if they serviced the fuel pump on the DI?

As a DI owner that is just finishing up a complete engine rebuild, I would be careful buying one without a willingness and capability to work on them yourself. That includes potentially buying the $400 CanDoo Pro software to pull trouble codes. Do you know if they serviced the fuel pump on the DI?
So the upper and lower are all new on the DI . fuel pump is new

So the upper and lower are all new on the DI . fuel pump is new
Before you go with the DI, spend some time understanding what model fuel pump was used. Doubtful it is new OEM and lots of aftermarket models have issues with power draw, etc. Google and search on here for more details.

As a di owner that purchased one private party. DONT UNLESS the guy has detailed maintenance...They are super sensitive and if maintained incorrectly you'll have a terrible time. Paid 3000 for it and a rfi last year...The list of parts I had to replace and fix someone else "fix" is astronomical. Make sure the Seller has a head on his shoulder and he should know this machine like the back of their hand lol

Two completely different skis.
The 2-strokes also more playful and light but require less maintenance. The 4-strokes are bigger heavier and better in rough water.

Don’t buy either without riding them as they can start fine on the trailer and be junk in the water, especially that DI.

And the 4-stroke will be due for a $400 supercharger rebuild.

I ended up going with the two stroke. The engine and lower fully rebuilt. New Pistons new gaskets, new fuel rail and fuel pump, the cylinders have all been re-boared . New battery, the entire machine seems to be completely rebuilt. New crankshaft as well. It seems like the internals of the machine are all completely brand new

I ended up going with the two stroke. The engine and lower fully rebuilt. New Pistons new gaskets, new fuel rail and fuel pump, the cylinders have all been re-boared . New battery, the entire machine seems to be completely rebuilt. New crankshaft as well. It seems like the internals of the machine are all completely brand new

Congrats on the new to you ski.
I hope your fuel pump is OEM.
I highly recommend as part of your maintenance routine that you fog the cylinders after every ride.
I also highly recommend you only use Sea Doo oil. Almost every single DI ski I have rebuilt over the years had off brand crappy oil in the tank.
Get a Candoo Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back