need carbs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fscott4

I have a 93 GTS and Im looking to replace the carbs at a reasonable price. New to the PWC and need a little advice on where I should be looking for a fair deal.
Thanks!

You could always give Nick at West side power sports a call and see if they have any.

The real question is why replace them vs rebuilding the ones you already have?

I have a 93 GTS and Im looking to replace the carbs at a reasonable price. New to the PWC and need a little advice on where I should be looking for a fair deal.
Thanks!
Would this be a 587 engine? Sent you a PM.

You could always give Nick at West side power sports a call and see if they have any.

The real question is why replace them vs rebuilding the ones you already have?
The ones I have do have some corrosion on some of the inside surfaces. I could probably clean them up but I also noticed there is a small plate held by 2 tiny screws in each carb and the screw heads have been stripped...I have no idea what is behind those tiny plates and whether or not I can ignore them.

Send a picture of what the carbs look like, inside and out.

Almost everyone rounds out the heads on those two screws you are talking about. Lots of carbs have some oxidation or rust evidence in them when you take them apart for rebuilding.

You have to grind the ends off the screws for throttle and choke plates they are punched to prevent them from backing out

The ones I have do have some corrosion on some of the inside surfaces. I could probably clean them up but I also noticed there is a small plate held by 2 tiny screws in each carb and the screw heads have been stripped...I have no idea what is behind those tiny plates and whether or not I can ignore them.
You can usually get those screws out of there. Not sure if these are the ones that fit your ski. Came off a 587. You can probably fix yours.

Attachments

• 587 Carb (1).JPEG
    587 Carb (1).JPEG
    194.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 587 Carb (2).JPEG
    587 Carb (2).JPEG
    161.8 KB · Views: 17
You have to grind the ends off the screws for throttle and choke plates they are punched to prevent them from backing out
where will I find replacement screws? is it a problem if I just leave them alone and not even go under those plates? I also see the needle seat screws are rounded but the seats look very clean so Im just gonna change the needles.

No, you need to change the seats and under the plate are the jets and a mylar check valve that has to be replaced.

You can get replacement screws from OSD seadoo along with the rebuild parts.

I was able to drill and remove the screws so the carbs are completely apart and I'm gonna rebuild them. I see that the corrosion isn't uncommon with the jetskis, I'm just not used that that.
I now notice that the 2 hose nipples on the carbs are confusing me. on one body I can blow thru both nipples and they are clear and open to air flow, on the other body only one of the nipples is open and clear for air flow and the other appears to have a factory plug in it. Curios to know why that is? end of a circuit (fuel/air)?

The nipple on top that comes out at an angle (up/right) is not clear for air flow.

Attachments

• 20211008_192145[1].jpg
    20211008_192145[1].jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks!
why change the carbs a replacement carb overhaul kit has all you need good clean down as you strip it I did my 1999 it’s great now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back