Myrtle Beach

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jr86

DO NOT GO TO MYRTLE BEACH!!

I came back with a wonderful reminder. A $1500 bill for damage and losses due to a break in of my car. They couldn't get in the door handle with a screwdriver, so they instead smashed out the window and stole my GPS. (It was a great 7am phone call.)

The police said there was a growing crime problem that has been moving from N.Myrtle Beach down to the south end. The security guard told me there was a CRACK HOUSE across the street! The officer even told the security guard to detain anyone who looked suspicious and they would haul them off to be checked out. The hotel had marginal security after looking around on Saturday.

I had to drive 7 hrs with a piece of plastic covered cardboard over the LF window. :(

Myrtle beach is fun but I never take my car down there. havent been there in few years but its fun place for drunkies like me, lol

sorry to hear that man, my car got broken into in front of my house. smashed the window, stole my touch screen gps in dash, amp, ipod, cell phone, scan gauge...so I know how it feels. I still havent fixed it its been sitting in driveway for 4 months now.

1970's.......

I lived in Charleston in the 1970's.......and Myrtle beach, Sullivans Island and all the beaches north of the old Cooper River bridge (James Island) were all awesome places to have fun. But as time goes by, I know how areas that were once nice, with tourism and dollars coming in, get so infested with crime. We have the same problem now with all the nice beach riding places in the South. Ya know what's so funny.

I feel for ya dude, but like everyone else looking for a nice place to hang and ride, don't carry valuables!..........

P.S. I know it's kinda dumb, but I leave my truck open now. I had a 1969 fully restored Chevy C-10 P/U that was locked up when I went out riding. When I came back, the passenger side door had been pried open with crow bar (total door destruction) and the glass broken all for a $100 dollar stereo. The insurance totalled the vehicle for $1000 bucks because of it's age. I told them to get screwed and fixed it myself. I learned two things. If a thief wants something bad enough, they'll tear up your car/truck to get it. Leave the doors open, it's not worth the total destruction for such a material thing as a stereo. Two, .......insurance companies are out to rip you off!:cheers:

I was just down here this past weekend. I was riding the waterway all day saturday. No break-ins. It was bike week though. Too many characters out there.

Back