My new (to me) 96 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are just check valves so I pull them out and blow compressed air through them. I usually get some gooey stuff out of them. You could also soak them in something like superclean and then blow them out if you think there is an issue. The only problem is they are a pain to put back in, depending on what ski you have.

Many sources. There is a site right on this site: forum.http://www.seadoowarehouse.com/ -- another:
http://osdparts.com/ Try not to go to dealers. Parts are available on the Internet much cheaper, but not instantly available. You have to wait for shipping to you. Replacing stuff that has not been replaced after many, many years in-service, will help it function right. Stuff becomes dysfunctional after age and not use or hours.

Make sure they are functional before you replace them. The one up high should let air in not out and the lower one along the waterline should only let air out at about 3 psi. Don't just start blindly replacing things.

Make sure they are functional before you replace them. The one up high should let air in not out and the lower one along the waterline should only let air out at about 3 psi. Don't just start blindly replacing things.

How you you measure 3 psi on this valve?

You don't need to measure the release pressure. Make sure air only flows one direction and use something like a hand pump to make sure it releases with a little pressure put to it.

I do a lot of reading on subjects I am interested in. The fuel systems on two stroke Sea Doo's is one. In my reading an expert suggested replacing the vents every so often. The rubber in them gets weathered, aged and tired. You can use your mouth to test too. Or a pop off tester. I don't throw parts at a problem. But I do maintain my machines so they function as they should.

I do a lot of reading on subjects I am interested in. The fuel systems on two stroke Sea Doo's is one. In my reading an expert suggested replacing the vents every so often. The rubber in them gets weathered, aged and tired. You can use your mouth to test too. Or a pop off tester. I don't throw parts at a problem. But I do maintain my machines so they function as they should.

No disrespect Micki, I was just suggesting testing the parts before replacing them.
In all my skis I have only ever had to replace 1 check valve ever. All the other factory installed ones are working perfectly. It won't hurt replacing them as they are cheap but so am I. LOL.

No disrespect Micki, I was just suggesting testing the parts before replacing them.
In all my skis I have only ever had to replace 1 check valve ever. All the other factory installed ones are working perfectly. It won't hurt replacing them as they are cheap but so am I. LOL.

Well this post makes one think about the long term difference with replacing a presumably higher-quality and working OEM valve with a presumably lower quality aftermarket valve. In 3 years, maybe you will need to replace the aftermarket valve with your old, working OEM valve.

I run OEM everything. The aftermarket stuff I have tried in the past ended up all being inferior.
The only exception is WSM gasket kits but I use OEM crank seals and I have had good luck with their 5/16" fuel valves for the 951 engines.

Like I said. I replaced mine just on the fact of age and what i have read on the subject. They are fairly cheap too. The PO were helpless too. They could not even change spark plugs. They just put oil and gas in them and rode away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back