mpem trouble shooting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Frige

2000 seadoo gts
This is the ski I am rebuilding. I didnt get a key for it so I picked up a non dss mpem from bay area powersports. All the wiring matched colors except a white wire with a black stripe. I only had one wire left from the new box so I figured it must be that one.
So hooked up the battery and nada. I checked and I am not getting a ground to the box. Anyone know where the mpem gets its ground? Key maybe?

I cannot find where it gets its ground from. It has to have a ground wire going to the engine somewhere. I down loaded the manual and still cant find it.

I traced the white wire back and found it went to the lanyard post. I believe this must be where the electronics gets it ground. Idk. Just for grins I pulled the post off of the parts ski and tried it but still nothing. The start stop switch appears to work as well. Anything else I can check? I dont want to send the mpem back if its something Im overlooking.

after getting frustrated and walking away for a while. I bought a new mpen and it tries to start now. Still no beep beep

Back