More questions 2005 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

C42480

I took it out and beat on it today as suggested. It now does not misfire. It surges at idle and up to 3500rpm after that it's good. Also if you go over 25% throttle for a length of time the h temp lights up. If I hit the set button 5 times while it's saying h temp it just says end no codes.
I have replaced the exhaust temp sensor. Flushed the cooling system and make sure it was bleed. It will not over heat on the hose as I don't rev it up. I was also told not to let it run for more than 5 minuets on the hose or you can damage the shaft seal from lack of cooling.
Also I have a 11 stx 15f specs says it weights more than the seadoo and only has 5hp more, but the stx accelerates much harder and tops out at 63mph per gps and the gtx only gets 52mph does this seem normal both are stock.
Thanks for any help.

Found that the overheating issue was a blockage in the manifold. Removed the manifold and found it full of sand. Water would go through the top hose but nothing in the lower hose on the manifold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back