Mods to 150 speedster: Huge gains in speed and performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the following mods on my 2009 Seadoo 150 Speedster W/215 engine.
1. Custom fab thru the hull exhaust. Removed all the 2nd muffler (resonator) hoses, etc. on starboard side.
2. X supercharger from the Green Hulk. Have the 215 charger for sale $199 W/only 20 hours on it, metal washers, etc.
3. 4" Fizzle air intake kit getting cold outside air from port side vent.
4. R & D supercharger adapter ring W/ Kanaflex duct clamp.
5. Solas Concord R impeller
6. Stainless steel wear ring.
7. R & D pump seal.
8. Riva catch can for crankcase venting vs. the OEM that went back into intake.

Almost 9 mph gain on top end and huge difference in hole shot and mid range. Testing a different intake grate next as it now has so much power it needs a wing type to keep it loaded. OEM is straight.
Boat really needs a variable trim like the PWC to keep attitude correct.
Ron

Attachments

• SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_03.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_03.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 173
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_09.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_09.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 175
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_08.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_08.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 167
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_19.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_19.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 175
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_23.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF AIR INTAKE-FAB THRU THE HULL EXHAUST fnl_Page_23.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 179
Solid gains...does it stay hooked up well with the stock grate? What pitch impeller did you go with?

Wow, that has got to be loud when you're on it with the thru hull above the belt line (last pic)

Stock intake grate

Solid gains...does it stay hooked up well with the stock grate? What pitch impeller did you go with?

with the increased power, it does cavitate out of the hole if you hit it WO. The Solas Concord R impeller is a 14/17 i used on my 05 RXT. Still only 7,800 rpm's after the mods. Increased over 400 rpms, but still too much impeller for this altitude-5,000 ft. Even though many say a winged type intake grate won't help, i'm going to try as it helped the PWC's stay in the water better in chop, etc. Ron

Actually, it is much quieter than i had expected. I had the Riva thru the hull set up on both an 05 RXT & 08 RXT-X that exited low below the water line when setting. It was louder as the rider is closer to the exhaust on PWC's and the sound was garbeled due to hitting water, etc. I wanted it up high so it's never in the water even when setting. I had one of my PWC's sink when the clamp came loose from the OEM set up that has the exit under water when setting. All of this is for noise and certainly not good for performance. With the exhaust exit up and not fighting water, it has a deeper muscle car sound instead of the pipey, pingy sound i had with the setup on PWC's. Also, once you're going, the sound is behind you and you can barley hear it in the boat. Also, the exit is on the port side, which again is much farther away from you as a driver vs. the PWC's.
I couldn't be more happy with it and definitely an improvement in performance and better for your engine. I was hoping it would be louder. I'll do a video for you to hear. Ron

Very cool review....I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that video.

My boat started sinking at the local sand bar due to the exhaust clamp falling off. I like the exhaust set up you have. What did you do about blocking off the original exhaust hole?

Video of speedster w/thru the transom exhaust/lots of mods

My boat started sinking at the local sand bar due to the exhaust clamp falling off. I like the exhaust set up you have. What did you do about blocking off the original exhaust hole?

Video link:
[youtube]HIxPe4K7x18[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back