Mercury m2 v6 240 efi common problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy9236

So I’ve seen the thread/threads I’m looking for many, many times on here but of course when I need it I cannot find it

So today I had my speedster 240 out and it ran fine all day. But one time I kill it and it won’t start again for 30 minutes. I know this is common because like I said I’ve seen the threads so many times.

Any suggestions as to what this is? After getting towed back to the camp and letting it sit for a hour total the thing ran fine and would start up within a second of turning the key everytime. This boat runs GREAT and this is the first thing time this has happened. What do I need to do to prevent it or was it just from overheating and or starting the engine and stopping it all day long?

So I’ve seen the thread/threads I’m looking for many, many times on here but of course when I need it I cannot find it

So today I had my speedster 240 out and it ran fine all day. But one time I kill it and it won’t start again for 30 minutes. I know this is common because like I said I’ve seen the threads so many times.

Any suggestions as to what this is? After getting towed back to the camp and letting it sit for a hour total the thing ran fine and would start up within a second of turning the key everytime. This boat runs GREAT and this is the first thing time this has happened. What do I need to do to prevent it or was it just from overheating and or starting the engine and stopping it all day long?

The same thing happened to my 240 efi. I don't know if I just got lucky but after maybe 5-10 times turning the key with the blower on, I decided to open the engine compartment. Lone and behold it started up first try with the compartment open. I don't know if there is a sensor that would have prevented start up or what. I know it says to run the blower for 5 minutes as a safety but I didn't wait that long. I feel like I just got lucky and there could be another issue. I am curious to hear any other feedback.

Same thing happened on my 240 efi. Check your tips. It fails to full rich mode. Hard to start hot, easier to start cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back