Mercury 240 efi block water pressure sensor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

darthspeed

:confused:I have a 240 efi in a 2003 seadoo speedster. I have trouble starting the engine after towing a ski, tube, or wakeboard. After I stop to pick up the rider and turn off the engine, it doesn't want to start. It cranks fine but not even a cough. I have no beeps/tones of overheating and the block is warm, not hot. I have recently replaced the water seperator, new plugs, new alternator, and I even have 2 blue top optima batteries and a 1 mf stiffing cap ( for the 1500 watt stereo system). I also have a volt guage on the dash and it shows anywhere from 12.5 - 14 volts while running. Once I am back at the dock and try to start it....just cranks and no start. 2-4 minutes later, once on the trailer. It starts with the slightest bump of the key. It seems that once the water drains out of the engine thru the pump it starts like a dream and every time. Could the block water pressure sensor located under the coils on the back of the engine be going bad. If so how do you check the sensor. I have the m2 manual and have allready checked out the 2 temp sensors and they ohm out ok. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hate having this intermittent problem. Thanks.....

I have same problem....huh

Wow.....I am currently in the middle of powerhead changeout. My 240hpv6 m2 efi motor is doing the same thing.....Boat runs perfect with just hose connected out of water(only after it was started can I turn on the water though) If I turn on water and let it drain first, it wont start.

I have been up and down with this motor......

IF YOU got this to work I really would like to know what you did........I have manual but dont know where to start to diagnose this problem.....

Again, Seems when there is no load on motor (as per water) the engine starts on 1 -2 turns and runs fine. Once in water or with hose running before I attempt to start it it wont run.......

Please I need help.......Dying to be out on the water again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back