Merc oil blocker plate - 2 to choose - which one??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyak

Hi

Was just to dealer to pick up blocker plate to remove oil injection for 210 merc jetdrive

The blocker they had is about 5 1/2 inches long - looks like you have to take out driven shaft before inserting - has o ring

then we found another in the computer that looks more like the right one - that is a lot shorter and looks like you retain the driven shaft and this has a short sleeve that goes over the end when installed.

ANyone done this and know which one is best?

Don't you think it is bad to leave shaft in the engine with no load (oil pump gone) at all - it may have more play and slop and cause problems later.. ??

thanks in advance

Andy

the pn you need

you need pn 43453 for the pump block off and 2 shorter screws and a 1/4 inch pipe plug to remove the injection..

and the nipple on the end of the block off supports a brass bushing in the front half and block that if not supported have a tendancey to fall into the intake path and blow up motors

the check valve on the block next to the poppet valve also needs removed and plugged offwit a pipe plug

if you left the drive shaft it would soon find its way into the cylinder via a big bang...... so it comes out. the shorter block off is for 3.0L outboards

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks - more help

The part number I have here is quicksilver # 43453 - is this not the correct one?
receipt says AA708 Plug

thanks

Andy

assuming 43453 is correct - Search for 43454 came up with a terminal block - so I think 43453 is right -

The shaft has one side that is flat - does that side go in facing downward?

is it safer to leave the oil pump on and just loop on engine tank back to itself?

Thanks again,

Andy

flat side out nipple in after removing pump and gear assembly, either leave the injection, or remove it entirely... no questions then if you sell the boat as the tank and all related parts are removed not just by passed

and yes 43453 is 100% correct... i miss typed the number.. on a netbook with fat fingers you will also need to disconnect the rotational sensor and oil injection related electronics... or you will get an alarm from the ecm

thanks - yeah I know the nipple goes in - the shaft itself with the nipple has a flat side to the round shaft - I assume that goes toward the crank gear so it doesnt rub. so was just askin which way the flat side of shaft faces as you insert it in.

I know about the oil level alarm for the engine tank - didnt know there was a rotational sensor - any hint on what to disconnect there.

I really appreciate the help man!

Best,

Andy

will only go in 1 way and fit the holes to secure it. flat to gear, the rotational sensor un hooks rom the blue wire viia quick dosconnect and from a screw down ground wire on the top o the block.. it resides on the block above the pump, its a magnetic sensor

remove the pump, resovior tank, lines and the check valve on the bottom of the block the pressure line hooked to and install a pipe plug where the check valve was. simple as that.. then drain all fuel. mix 40-50:1 and refill tank with premix, purge fuel line to motor... go boat....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back