Marine grade stainless steel clamps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

Just curious where any you purchase your marine grade stainless steel clamps for your Seadoo.

eBay or Amazon, search 2 1/2" heavy duty stainless hose clamps. I ordered from MAPerformance got 4 tbolts for $12.00

I just picked these up I really like them
180.jpg

Regarding hose clamps my 2007 wake 155 sank on the Colorado river last year, how did this happen you wonder

The hose clamp on the large U rubber ,exhaust hose broke at the hose to aft pass thru connection

My wife was riding with me on the back and the ski got sluggish from a hundred or so gallons of water in the hull and then the engine inlet started to suck water 3 seconds later we were sitting in the water

A Good Samaritan boater towed us back to the doc

After tearing into the ski to fix the engine I found the broken hose clamp. It looked like a poor cheap made in China clamp.

I have been replacing all the skis hose clamps with prime quality hose clamps every chance I get.

Yessir and I bet the person who installed those cheesy China clamps probably didn’t bother to use a torque wrench when he tightened them either. Double whammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back