Making a group of riders to spend a day at lake lanier or west point sat or sunday GA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Joining thread, just in case I can join a ride out. I live on Lake Keowee. My girlfriend lives in Duluth, so I go there frequently. Water has been cold here but not that cold.

Lake Keowee is spectacular! My daughter and my money went to Clemson, so we used to spend quite a bit of time around there.

We went to the lake, but did not go on the lake. We went with Plan B and drove to the restaurant. It is 61 degrees and raining - still.

We will try again next week.

-Dave
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got home from Richmond. You guys are not going to ride in this lousy weather are you??? LOL

Joining thread, just in case I can join a ride out. I live on Lake Keowee. My girlfriend lives in Duluth, so I go there frequently. Water has been cold here but not that cold.

Keowee...never been there, but have heard that it is super nice. Would love to ride there.

Everyone is more then welcome to come with us! Like I have said before I would also like to go and meet new lakes. The weather looked cloudy but 81 for tomorrow so I was looking to get a few hrs of running time but now it shows rain all day...

We should get a group together. I will try and work out a date in May. I live on the far west side on the lake. Where l live the water is cloudy because of the creeks. Out on the main body, the water is a constant clear green. You have a good view of the mountains and the lake is big enough that you can burn a take easy just playing and exploring. South Cove would be a good meeting spot. You do have to pay a bit for it however it has a large parking lot to handle a lot of people and easy access.

Here is a picture I took last week when the weather was nice. I was on my RXT
11070961_475158319317203_1769553755811458097_n.jpg

The weather looks 75+ this Sunday, I will more then likely be there with my brother, my girl and her parents on their boat.

Sunday should be good weather, for a change.

I will not be at the lake on Sunday, we have things planned for Sat (supposed to rain - again).

So, Ricardo, you are driving up 2+ hrs, but not bringing your Doo?

Sunday should be good weather, for a change.

I will not be at the lake on Sunday, we have things planned for Sat (supposed to rain - again).

So, Ricardo, you are driving up 2+ hrs, but not bringing your Doo?

Hope you guys have fun!
Both the skis will be there and her parents boat as well.

I have been out with my normal ride group the past 2 weeks. We still had to wear sweatshirts and some kind of leg cover up in the mornings, but the afternoons were ok. This weekend is Mothers Day and I am not planning to be at the lake.

-Dave

Same here! Rode Sat and Sunday had a blast. I am alive

Out yesterday with my normal ride group. Weather was spectacular. First ride this year without sweats. Spent 3+ hours and burned a full tank of fuel!

-Dave

Hopefully this weekend the ski gets more hrs and hopefully I get to be on the water all day and not only a few hrs because of my WOT runs haha.

Making a group of riders to spend a day at lake lanier or west point sat or s...

Thanks for the invite to the group Ricardo. I live up here near the north end on the lake and work minutes from you Dave. (As we figured out late last season).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Ryan, good to hear from you.
Well, with Thunderstorms forecast for this past Friday and Sat, we cancelled our normal ride and, of course, no lightning or rain. But had we gone to South Lake, I guarantee we would have brought out the lightning gods.

-Dave

Thanks for the invite to the group Ricardo. I live up here near the north end on the lake and work minutes from you Dave. (As we figured out late last season).

Glad to have you Bier.

Hey, Ryan, good to hear from you.
Well, with Thunderstorms forecast for this past Friday and Sat, we cancelled our normal ride and, of course, no lightning or rain. But had we gone to South Lake, I guarantee we would have brought out the lightning gods.

-Dave

I took the ski out and out about 2 hrs on Sunday, I was with some other friends so I beached the ski since we all didn't have skis.

Back