Low oil in reservoir light on with plenty of oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

flkeysdude

Hi Guys...
I just picked up a 2005 GTI that had been sitting for 2 years. Former owner had lost the key so I had to purchase an new DESS key and while at the dealer, found that the boat only had 42 hours. Changed the plugs and backed the trailer into the water and fired it up. It started right up and blew a lot of white smoke. It seemed to run OK (but rough...) so I released it from the trailer and idled around in circles for a few minutes. I then noticed that the "low oil" light came on and remained lit, even though there was plenty of oil in the reservoir. Rather than take any chances, I idled back to the trailer and shut it down. Any thoughts or suggestions...??? Thanks !

Check valve clog? Clean sensor too. Look for disconnected wire, or maybe it needs cleaned & dielectric greased. If it needs that, probly time to do that to the complete wire harness. Bill

Where do I find the valve and sensor ??? Another question...after I got the boat, I went to check the compression and found the cylinders were loaded with oil. I pulled the plugs and spun the engine (covering the spark plug holes with a rag...) until no more oil in the cylinders. Like I mentioned previously, lots of white smoke when I started it. Any other thoughts...???

Thanks for the quick reply...!!!

Older Doos crank seals leak alittle. At next time sitting, get used to pincher the RV
feed line to RV cavity gear, and remember to UN-PINCHER prior to an engine start-up. Read your Shop Manual and learn how to read and search the parts microphishe. Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back