Looking into a Spark. Pros and cons? Reliability? Maintenance?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TurnerBFC

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to get a Spark at a better cost. I currently have a 96 GSX and 96 XP.

I want to know how the sparks compare to the old two strokes. I am looking at a 2-up base model 60hp.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have the opportunity to get a Spark at a better cost. I currently have a 96 GSX and 96 XP.

I want to know how the sparks compare to the old two strokes. I am looking at a 2-up base model 60hp.

Thanks

I had a 96xp, very fast awesome ski, however it was really too tipsy for me, me & my girlfriend were extremely uncomfortable on it.

I bought a 2up spark 60hp and absolutely love it, I took it to lake mead lake Mojave many times with my girlfriend on back, absolutely no problem, very stable I have 50 hours on it, took it out like 25 weekends already no issues whatsoever.

I installed the Vtech tune and I love it even more now :) faster hole shot a lot more top end. I'll do it all over in a second, cost me $6653 out the door including trailer, taxes, everything.

For me, the biggest concern I would have is hitting something and shattering the hull. Not like fiberglass where you can repair it. Having said that, I have yet to hit anything with my fiberglass hull. Not like you go around bouncing off rocks and other boats a lot BUT if it happens can be expensive.

For me, the biggest concern I would have is hitting something and shattering the hull. Not like fiberglass where you can repair it. Having said that, I have yet to hit anything with my fiberglass hull. Not like you go around bouncing off rocks and other boats a lot BUT if it happens can be expensive.

I totally agree with you, I came in too fast at puddingstone lake with my speedster 150 and put a hole a size of a quarter on my keel, it sucks, I fixed it up with marine tex it's great now, but I understand where you coming from.

But in the same lake and in the same conditions with my spark it would have been totally different, in that sense I would have actually reflected off of it. My spark has been incredibly durable. It's like those plastic kayaks you see.

Also, someone was selling complete hulls (including upper and Lower hulls everything) for $1500, so let's say for the sake of argument I did break my bottom hull, I could totally get a brand new bottom hull for under $900. That's unbelievable.

Also I took what you said in complete consideration, so for my insurance on my spark, I completely insured it for $5000 dollars, with a $250 deductible. It cost me $150 dollars a year.

So if I break the hull, I pay $250 I'm done, if I completely break the spark $250 I get a new spark, it's a win win situation for me all around.

I have a seadoo spark and I absolutely love it, it's very durable and is pretty strong smacking into waves wise. I've taken it out about 10 times already, and I have had no problems with it.

Looks like the best way to get performance cheap is to buy the 60hp 2 up for $5000 and buy the 110 hp map for $900.00. $5900 for 110hp, 405lb ski is hard to beat. Flipped my Spark yesterday and it did not take on a drop of water.

Back